Thursday, May 19, 2011

My New Motto Is...

I was listening to a recording of Eskimo by Damien Rice yesterday and as much I wanted to just enjoy it, sometimes the musician in me simply won't allow it. It's kind of a rough recording really. At times it sounds like its too high for him or that he is trying too hard-but the passion and sincerity in his voice is so moving. The strings are amazing. And that’s when I had this thought:
 "It's not perfect, but it's beautiful."
As I drove, I couldn't get that phrase out of my head. I began to think about my life and the obvious -that this is how God sees me- and then I came to the incredible realization that this is truly how I feel about my own life. Life is messy. Relationships are often awkward and difficult. There never seems to be enough time and that leaves us with more than enough stress. I decided at that moment that this is going to be my new motto. Maybe it could be yours too. I will remember that God is God and I am not, and that while my life is in no way prefect, it is so very beautiful.
As if that moment wasn't special enough already, the next song that came on was Beautiful Things by Gungor. Wow! What an experience.

0 comments: